The Firm
Practice Areas
Our Team Featured Clients Firm News Contact Us

Unaccompanied Children (UC)

Law Offices of Yu & Associates

An unaccompanied minor is any person under the age of 18 attempting to enter the United States without a parent or guardian. The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the US Department of Health and Human Services takes responsibility for the care and placement of unaccompanied children. The U.S. government makes tremendous efforts to give unaccompanied children access to relief in full and fair immigration proceedings; detain them in the least restrictive and most humane settings possible; and let them have legal representation in their immigration proceedings.

The legal process for unaccompanied minors entering the United States can be very complex. We represent clients in the following matters related to unaccompanied children:

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)

Representing Unaccompanied Children in Asylum before USCIS and Immigration Court

Representing Unaccompanied Children in Removal Proceedings

U Visa Application for Unaccompanied Children

T Visa Application for Unaccompanied Children

The above is a general introduction to immigration policies, and should not be construed as individual legal advice. For specific legal questions, please contact the Law Offices of Yu & Associates. Attorney Xiaohui (Sharon) Yu is a graduate of New York University School of Law, one of the top five law schools in the US, and has practiced law at some of the top firms in the US, UK and China.

Tel: 301-838-8986, Fax: 202-595-1918; E-mail:, Address: 110 N. Washington St., Suite 328E, Rockville, MD 20850. (All rights reserved.)

Ó Yu & Associates LLC, 110 North Washington Street, Suite 328E, Rockville, MD 20850, USA. Tel: 301-838-8986